St Clair College Admission Requirements for International Students has been published. St Clair College outlines IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, internet-based test (iBT), or computer-based test (CBT) requirements for south Asia, India and other world regions.
If you are not a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, you will need a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada and a Letter of Acceptance – issued by the College – in order to apply for the permit.
General diploma programs admission requirements for international students are as follows:
Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
South Asia: (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 550, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 78, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 213, Duolingo score of 100.
India: High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, Duolingo score of 100.
Proficiency tests must have been taken within the previous two years from the date of submitting application.
Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
- English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL iBT 78 with no band lower than 20, or PBT score of 550, or CBT score of 213 / IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, Duolingo score of 100.
- For information about IELTS, see International English Language Testing System.
- In addition to other requirements, students wishing to benefit from the Student Partners Program (SPP), will need to provide English proficiency scores of: IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5. All English proficiency tests must have been taken within the previous two years.
- Applicants who do not have the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score will be required to write the English Proficiency Test (CanTEST) after arrival at the College. Students who do not pass the CanTEST will need to register in the St. Clair College English as a English for Academic Purpose (EAP) program prior to entering post-secondary programs.
- Pharmacy Technician -Learn about the Language Proficiency Requirements for the Pharmacy Technician Program.
Please contact the International Development Office for details on St Clair College Admission Requirements for International Students:
St Clair College Registration Fees
Please see Tuition and Fees on the Registrar page.
For additional information about how to qualify for our programs and for information regarding application processes visit www.ontariocolleges.ca and go to APPLY, then Information for International Application.