How To Recall An Email In Outlook: Recalling an email is one of the best advancements in the digital emailing space. And Microsoft Outlook offers this feature through a well placed recall feature with a time limit of 120 minutes. The recall feature in Microsoft Outlook lets you unsend an email and delete it from the recipient’s inbox.
How to recall an email in outlook
- Launch your Outlook and click on the “Sent Items” folder in the navigation panel.li
- Double click and open the message that you want to unsend or recall.
- In the email message window, click on the “Message” tab.
- Select the “Actions” drop down menu under the Move group.
- Here, select “Recall This Message” and check the option “Delete Unread Copies of This Message.”
- To receive information about the results, Check the box against “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient,” and click OK.
Requirements for recalling an email message on Outlook
Listed below is a list of requirements for the recall or replace email feature to work for your Outlook email.
- You and the recipient need to have an Exchange server email account and must be using Outlook for business email as the email client.
- The recipient’s inbox must be open when you are attempting the email recall.
- The original email must still be unread and should already be in the recipient’s Inbox.
- No rule, spam filter, or any add-on changed the message in the recipient’s inbox.