McGill University Admission, Requirements & Deadline 2024: McGill University is one of the top-ranked universities in Canada, has an acceptance rate of 38.1 per cent and a graduate acceptance rate of 29.2 per cent, with an enrolment rate of 19 per cent of all applicants. In order to take admission, applicants must meet all McGill University eligibility criteria.
McGill University Admission Requirements
All applicants, regardless of country of origin or education must meet these minimum academic the requirements below:
- A Bachelor’s degree” (or equivalent as recognized by McGill University) in a subject closely related to the one selected for graduate studies.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Master’s program at McGill requires the completion of a four-year undergraduate degree in a related area at a recognized institution. Admission to a doctoral (PhD) program generally requires the completion of a Master’s degree in a related area at a recognized institution.
- Outstanding applicants with an undergraduate (i.e., Bachelor’s) degree who have extensive research experience may be admitted to a doctoral (PhD) program without completing a Master’s degree first. For more information, consult the Admission to PhD1 (Direct Entry) webpage.
- Your educational credentials will be assessed for equivalency with a McGill University degree. Please consult the Degree Equivalency page for more information.
- Proficiency in English: The primary language of instruction at McGill is English. You may make arrangements to write papers, examinations or theses in French, except in cases where knowledge of the English language is one of the objectives of the course. Prior to admission, you may need to demonstrate an adequate level of proficiency in English. For more information, visit the English Language Proficiency page.
GPA needed for McGill
The minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) is 3.0 out of a possible 4.0, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2 out of 4.0 in the last two years of full-time studies. In some departments, a higher CGPA may be required for admission. Consult your program requirements for details.
Application Portal: University Graduate Application
Application Fee: 125 CAD (~7721.66 INR)
- 3- 4 years bachelor’s degree
- GPA or aggregate: 3.0 or 4.0 (~83-86%)
SEE ALSO:- McGill University Microsoft Office 365 Login
McGill University Admission Deadlines
The application deadline for undergraduate admissions at McGill for the fall term is January 15. All the supporting documents should be submitted before March 15.
Therefore, if you are still unable to find the link(s) you are looking for, please visit the official website provided below, or could kindly drop a comment and we will give you a positive reply.