Algoma University Application Procedures for International Students are easy to follow. International students applying for September intake from overseas may apply directly to Algoma U on our application portal or via the OUAC 105 portal. Refer Questions about the application process to email@example.com.
Alboma September intake happens to be one of the two intakes the institution runs in a year, the first intake runs in May. Currently, the May intake application is wrapping
Please before delving into the topic, If you are currently living inside Canada with an approved Canadian study permit OR living overseas with a valid Canadian study visa or Canadian study permit, March 21st, 2022 is the last day to apply for a guaranteed admissions decision to start your classes on time for May 2022.
Algoma University Application Deadline
Recommended Application Deadline for a Guaranteed Admissions Decision for All Students
Algoma University recommends that applications be submitted by May 1st, 2022 to ensure that they will be processed in time for students to submit the required one-semester tuition deposit by June 15th. 2022.
Application Deadline for Overseas International Applicants – No Approved Study Visa
If you are currently living outside of Canada and do not yet have an approved study permit, you are considered an overseas applicant. Applications will close for overseas applicants on May 15th, 2022. Any application submitted after this date will be automatically deferred to the next available intake.
Recommended Application Deadline for In-Country International Applicants or Overseas International Applicants with an Approved Study Visa or Study Permit
If you are currently living inside Canada with an approved Canadian study permit OR living overseas with a valid Canadian study visa or Canadian study permit, July 29th, 2022 is the last day to apply for a guaranteed admissions decision to start your classes on time for Sept 2022.
Tuition Deposit Deadline
The tuition deposit deadline for Overseas International Applicants is June 15th, 2022. Extensions for Overseas International Applicants will not be granted and students will be encouraged to defer to the next available intake. For information on how to defer, please review our deferral policy.
The tuition deposit deadline for In-Country International Applicants or Overseas International Applicants with an Approved Study Visa or Study Permit is August 17th, 2022. Extensions will be granted on a case-by-case basis as applications are reviewed.
Algoma University September Intake Application’
Follow these laid-down steps to apply for September intake:
- Complete the Algoma U application
- Pay your non-refundable $125.00 CDN application fee on the application portal. For other payment options, click here.
- Submit copies of all transcripts including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts, and diplomas/degrees, if applicable. All applicants must upload their documents on the AU Application Portal.*
- Send proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable). For accepted test results, please click here.
- Gap Letter/Gap Explanation – If you have been out of school for more than two years, you must provide documentation detailing your recent professional history. This documentation can include a resume, letters of employment, additional undeclared academic history, and/or a personal letter of explanation.
- Copy of Study Permit/Visa. If you have completed any studies overseas (including Canada), please include a copy of your study permit or visa.
*If you are an OUAC 101 or 105 applicants, you will not have access to the AU Application Portal. Digital copies may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the below guidelines to ensure faster processing time of the required documents for september intake.
Documents & Academic History
- Any schools indicated in the academic history on the application will require a transcript to be submitted, unless otherwise stated, in order to assess the application.
- Any schools and/or transcripts not indicated in the academic history, that come to light after an offer has been issued, will not be considered for transfer credit evaluation.
- All documents must come with an Official English Language translation if the original documents are not in English.
- Rename all of your files to accurately describe their content. For example, “University of Example transcripts”; all English language test results should be named “English Language Test”.
- Documents must be submitted in PDF format.
- Condense all related documents (by the institution) into one PDF document. For example, all semesters of high school should be condensed into one PDF document and all documents for university should be condensed into another PDF document. This will ensure that you are able to upload all documents via the Application Portal.
An official transcript is defined as a transcript that is sent directly by the issuing institution or education authority using the sending institution’s security features (e.g., secure paper, institutional seal, secure digital encryption, etc.) and has not been handled by the student in any way.
Official transcripts may be requested for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to confirmation of a student’s unconditional admission, transfer credit evaluations, scholarship assessment, or cases of suspected fraudulent documents.
Hard Copy by Mail
Please only mail official transcripts if they are requested. If official hard copies of documents have been requested, please mail to:
ATTENTION: International Admissions
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Please upload encrypted digital copies to your applicant portal (direct AU Application Portal applicants only) or email them to email@example.com (direct applicants and OUAC applicants).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the university is currently accepting unencrypted digital copies of transcripts as official transcripts IF they are emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by a representative from the sending institution and from the sending institution’s official email address.
Algoma University considers a World Education Services (WES) Evaluation as equivalent to an official transcript and a replacement for an official copy of your degree transcripts for assessment of transfer credit or advanced standing.
We do not accept paper or soft copies of WES Evaluations. Please send the final WES assessment to us via AccessWES.
You can view more information about WES and our processes at https://www.wes.org/ca/partners/credential-evaluation-requirements-for-algoma-university/.